Wake Forest Counseling
Adults & Couples
Have the Confidence in Knowing There's Nothing You Can't Handle
We offer cognitive behavioral therapy for adults and couples. Together we work on changing irrational thoughts and behaviors in order for you to reach your therapeutic goals.
It is not only our goal to help adults build confidence in themselves and relationships but to have the confidence in knowing there is NOTHING they can't handle. Everybody has "stuff" going on in their lives. Improving yourself and relationships so you can handle your "stuff" is a big step towards reaching your personal therapeutic goals.
Anxiety can interfere with personal relationships, work and physical well being.
Schedule an Appointment
Hey, We Have a Question
Do You Experience Anxiety?
You're human! Look around you -- NOBODY IS PERFECT! All we can do is strive to be the best version of ourselves. Admitting this and seeking help can improve your quality of life for the long run.
Did you know that approximately 40 million American adults (18 and older) experience panic attacks every year? Many people who suffer from panic attacks are too embarrassed to tell anyone, including doctors or loved ones. Approximately 30 percent of people don't seek help. Panic disorder is real and YOU CAN overcome it. If you are suffering from any type of anxiety, we'd love to help you conquer these symptoms and improve your quality of life.
Do You Have?
- Excessive worry
- Feelings of fear or panic
- Trouble sleeping at night
- Difficulty concentrating
- Shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations
- Tingling in hand or feet-numbness
- Avoidance of specific places
- Social avoidance
- Excessive Worry
Schedule an Appointment Now
We Also Specialize in These
No individual is perfect and likewise couples are not perfect. With that said we can still strive to be better than we are now. Everyday life stressors such as work, children/family, money, illness, intimacy or anything else can weaken a relationship. Our goal is to help couples in the here and now so that future stressors won't interfere with the relationship. We can help you grow in communication, conflict resolution, trust and more.
Do you have symptoms of depression: helplessness, hopelessness, loss of interest in daily activities, appetite or weight changes, difficulty sleeping, irritability, loss of energy or concentration problems? We strive to help you feel good about yourself, increase your self esteem and learn how to deal with life. Gaining new skills and self worth can help you with the management of these feelings/symptoms of depression.
Do you get ANGRY and regret the way you handled yourself afterwards. Yup -- we can help with that! We all get angry sometimes but it's all about identifying the triggers and learning constructive ways to control and handle your anger.
* We do not provide court ordered anger management services.
Schedule an Appointment Now
Organizations & Memberships
We are devoted to bettering our company so we've established affiliations with industry partners. These organizations elevate our services by keeping us informed of new regulations and breakthroughs in our field.
Let's Break the Stigma, We All Have Issues
Everyone Can Benefit from “A Little Counseling”
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice
A Little Counseling, PLLC open for in-office appointments. We continue to take the Coronavirus (COVID-19) threat very seriously and we are committed to putting forth our best effort to keeping our office as sanitary as possible. For the safety of our clients and staff we have come up with the following plan which will be carried out until further notice:
- All clients must wash their hands prior to starting their session.
- Anyone who needs to enter the waiting room must also wash their hands. We strongly discourage using the waiting room unless necessary. (ie. parents of young children can use the waiting room.) We will be monitoring the number of people in our waiting room.
- Our staff will clean/disinfect the counseling rooms before EACH SESSION. Bathroom, doorknobs and exposed surfaces in the office will be routinely disinfected as well.
- For play therapy and adolescent clients, we have purchased boxes of crayons that will be thrown out after each session. Clients will not have access to play with anything that can’t be fully disinfected or thrown away after their session.
- If your child/teen is in a group, we will be distancing the seating and will spread out around the room. We are staffed to do this.
- We encourage anyone who would like to utilize video sessions through our HIPAA compliant telehealth conferencing software to continue doing so. This is an option for anyone who is self-pay and for select insurance plans. Please call our office to inquire.
- Our staff and clients are encouraged to wear a mask and keep a minimum distance of 6 feet when possible.
While we strive to do everything in our control to keep our office safe. We also kindly ask that anyone with even the smallest symptom of illness call and cancel your appointment or utilize Telehealth sessions. If anyone would like to reschedule their appointment to an earlier time, please call us at 919-296-8100.
Thank you- Bri-Ann Richter-Abitol