A Little Counseling®
About Our Program
"The foundation of our counseling program centers around mental strength. We practice rational and productive thinking every week. Counseling is like going to the gym for your mind! Just like anything else in life, effort and practice yield results!
You can have all the external coping skills in the world, but your mind is the one thing that can be used in ALL situations."
Founder & Counseling Program Director
Wake Forest Counseling
For Everyday Life
Life is constantly changing and moving forward, our goal is to help you feel confident in handling everyday issues and challenges. Let's face it, nobody is perfect and we could all benefit from "A Little Counseling".
We put the focus on trying to be better.
We provide Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to children, adolescents, adults and couples coping with "common problems" such as anxiety, depression, improving coping and social skills, managing stress and anger and improving relationships. Our counseling office is conveniently located in Wake Forest, reach out to schedule an appointment.
Learn More About Us
Will Our Therapists be Right for Your Wake Forest Counseling Needs?
A Little Counseling, PLLC is primarily dedicated to helping individuals of all ages with anxiety disorders. If you have anxiety that is getting in the way of your ability to function, this Wake Forest counseling office may be the right place for you. Unsure, give us a call. We know how overwhelming it can be to find the right help with so many options in Wake Forest, NC.
Are you looking for a great children’s therapist?! We’ve got eleven! Bri-Ann, Angela, Allison, Lauren, Taylor, Leigh, Rose, Khaliyah, Julie, Carmelia, and Amanda love to help kids with their anxiety. They offer counseling to children as young as 3 years old all the way through the adolescent years. Check out our play and adolescent therapy page for more information!
Our counseling services are done in a non-intimidating, friendly and laid-back environment. You’ll love coming to our cozy office where we get to know our clients and their families. For more information about our office, please see our “Be our Guest” section on the “about” page.
Our office is conveniently located in Wake Forest. We provide counseling services to individuals located in Wake Forest, North Raleigh, Youngsville and Rolesville. We are located in the Wake Forest Business Park straight across from McDonald’s. Reach out to schedule an appointment!
Organizations & Memberships
We are devoted to bettering our company so we've established affiliations with industry partners. These organizations elevate our services by keeping us informed of new regulations and breakthroughs in our field.
Let's Break the Stigma, We All Have Issues
Everyone Can Benefit from “A Little Counseling”
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Notice
A Little Counseling, PLLC open for in-office appointments. We continue to take the Coronavirus (COVID-19) threat very seriously and we are committed to putting forth our best effort to keeping our office as sanitary as possible. For the safety of our clients and staff we have come up with the following plan which will be carried out until further notice:
- All clients must wash their hands prior to starting their session.
- Anyone who needs to enter the waiting room must also wash their hands. We strongly discourage using the waiting room unless necessary. (ie. parents of young children can use the waiting room.) We will be monitoring the number of people in our waiting room.
- Our staff will clean/disinfect the counseling rooms before EACH SESSION. Bathroom, doorknobs and exposed surfaces in the office will be routinely disinfected as well.
- For play therapy and adolescent clients, we have purchased boxes of crayons that will be thrown out after each session. Clients will not have access to play with anything that can’t be fully disinfected or thrown away after their session.
- If your child/teen is in a group, we will be distancing the seating and will spread out around the room. We are staffed to do this.
- We encourage anyone who would like to utilize video sessions through our HIPAA compliant telehealth conferencing software to continue doing so. This is an option for anyone who is self-pay and for select insurance plans. Please call our office to inquire.
- Our staff and clients are encouraged to wear a mask and keep a minimum distance of 6 feet when possible.
While we strive to do everything in our control to keep our office safe. We also kindly ask that anyone with even the smallest symptom of illness call and cancel your appointment or utilize Telehealth sessions. If anyone would like to reschedule their appointment to an earlier time, please call us at 919-296-8100.
Thank you- Bri-Ann Richter-Abitol